I think this is the most relevant thing I’ve seen on Tumblr
They should require that these are put up inside schools. It’s the least they could do as a reminder, because this is sure as hell not taught in the classrooms.
We’re not learning, we’re being trained.
For real though, we are. All school is is teaching you how to behave in a socially acceptable manner. I learned all about it in a teaching class.
That last comment is such a mind-numbing paradox that i have no idea what to do.
I work with someone whose dissertation revolves around the fact that classrooms are set up like non-con BDSM situations.
- there are different rules in a classroom than there are in real life;
- you have to ask to go to the bathroom;
- You need permission to speak;
- instructor gets upset if your mind happens to wander;
- you may only use your own property in ways they want you to (no facebook, email, etc.);
- instructors set difficult tests and then get a kick out of watching students struggle as they take them.
She’s really interesting to talk to, let me tell you.
|—||Tegan and Sara (via wrists)|
|—||Ralph Ellison (Battle Royal)|
|—||Martin Heidegger, What is Called Thinking? [Was heisst Denken?] (1951 - 1952), as translated by Fred D. Wieck and J. Glenn Gray (1968)|