Experiment 626. Twenty-five. "She" (technically cis-female but really gender-queer). Part of the invisible/forgotten B in LGBTQ. Aquarius. Fat and beautiful. Professionally involved in psychology and mental health. Feminist, activist, and advocate (which should go without saying, for everyone). Television show enthusiast. Obsessed with the 53 Disney Animated Features. ASOIAF reader. Ravenclaw.
All of my posts are queued and then randomized.
I run a Disney tumblr called disneyanalysis.
that guy you just called sexist? he’s the CEO of a major corporation. that guy you just called racist? he’s a cop. wait hang on I’m seeing something here
- it is not enough to theorize anti-racism
- it is not enough to post anti-racist articles on facebook
- it is not enough to donate to anti-racist organizations
- you must evaluate your friendships, relationships, and casual interactions with PoC from an explicitly anti-racist lens
- you must challenge yourself when you feel entitled to their time, energy, bodies, or insight
- you must uproot your own inner white supremacist
- you must evaluate your friendships, relationships, and casual interactions with white people, both those you love and those you’ve just met
- you must challenge the people you love, and who you are afraid of losing, and name their behavior for what it is: violence
- you must uproot not only your own life, but the lives of those you claim as friends, family, and community
this right here
THIS. Why do people think it’s necessary to use blackface? If a POC dresses up as a white Disney princess, I would get it without them having to put on a ton of white foundation and colored contacts.
People are not stupid. They will get the costume. But if you use blackface or yellowface, perhaps you need to think clearly about who’s being an idiot now.
I just watched this, and seriously, there is no reason whatsoever to do blackface if you want to be Nicki Minaj.
There is never an OK occasion for blackface, and as a friendly additional reminder, you shouldn’t do “brownface” or anything like that either. I saw a post where people were comparing brown foundations to do a Korra cosplay. STOP.