For all the girls out there haha
Introducing the Abortion Assistance Blog’s new business cards! Please distribute these, online or in person, wherever you feel is appropriate.
Credit to middletone. Thanks, middletone!
I’m devastated by Happy Endings’ and Go On’s cancellations. I know Happy Endings is supposed to have ~a slight chance~ of getting picked up by USA, but it’s not looking good. Two of my favorite shows gone. :’(
I don’t usually like the changes the Game of Thrones writers make, but Melisandre bringing Gendry to Dragonstone is a change that I can get behind. Gendry can easily replace Edric Storm’s parts, so it doesn’t get in the way of changing too much of the plot (granted, I’ve only read a little over three of the books), and I just plain enjoy Gendry both in the book and on the show.
The combination of your Sun and Moon signs produce an individual who is very active, both physically and mentally. Independence of mind and action, thought and expression, are the keynotes of your nature. This pairing combines the friendliness, originality and independence of Aquarius, with the honesty, sincerity, directness and enthusiasm of Sagittarius. Your personality is friendly and active, expressing independence and freedom in your thinking and in your abilities to see ideas through to completion. A friendly and a very understanding nature tends to place you firmly on the humanitarian side on most issues, and you are likely to busy yourself doing something that in some way directly benefits your fellow man. There is an instinctive and deep-rooted love of truth and knowledge that endows you with a noble and sincere nature. You intensely dislike any sham or deception, and you play the game of life and business by the rules. You never are willing to in any situation to compromise your principles. You admire honesty and straightforward people, and you hold more to individuals possessing these traits, regardless of their station in life. You have a common sense approach to life; although you are put off by intellectualism, you love to philosophize and dream. Actually, you have the qualities of an uncompromising intellectual; honesty, strong opinions, and a broad viewpoint on world affairs. You are impulsively quick to act on your ideas, advanced and revolutionary as they may sometimes be. You believe in getting things done, and done in shortest possible time, employing the most innovative methods you can devise.
- I’ve never thought of myself as a physically active person, but I was always out and about or at least partying during my adolescent years.
- Mentally-active is a very accurate way to describe me.
- It’s interesting to think of myself as someone who completes tasks. I am definitely not one to get bored of hobbies, like say Tauruses do, but it never occurred to me until this moment that I finish most things! I have completed every professional or educational goal I’ve set for myself, and even most of my personal ones.
- I think all Aquarians are obsessed with Truth and knowledge.
- I do spend a lot of time complaining about how disloyal and manipulative other people are, but I do allow myself to manipulate others without remorse.
- At the same time, honesty and loyalty in others are, indeed, traits that I search for in other people.
- I do stick to my principles often, that’s correct. That’s an interesting aspect of my character because while I am stubborn in my beliefs, my value system is very unique and often socially inappropriate.
- I bolded my favorite line in this paragraph: “you are put off by intellectualism”. I’ve never known anyone to understand that about me, because I’m such an ~intellectual~ myself. I can’t stand it when people philosophize. Nothing else in this world bores me as much. I talk about this with my loved ones all of the time.
- For the most patient person I know, I am definitely quick to act.
YOU DON’T OWE YOUR PARENTS ANYTHING
IT WAS THEIR CHOICE TO HAVE, KEEP AND RAISE YOU BUT IT WASN’T YOUR CHOICE TO BE THEIR CHILD
ANY EXPECTATIONS OR IDEALS THEY TRY AND ENFORCE ON YOU ARE BULLSHIT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM
THEY SHOULD ACCEPT THEIR CHILD AS THEY ARE NOT JUDGE THEM ON A MINOR DETAIL THAT DOESN’T AFFECT THEIR LIFE
DO NOT FEEL BAD IF YOU AREN’T THE PERFECT CHILD YOUR PARENTS THINK YOU SHOULD BE
no words for how much love i have for the fact that margaery has a granny to take care of her
I don’t think Sam will approve
CW obviously didn’t think this through. It was probably decided in the heat of the moment.
Today while getting on the train I saw an individual performing a lively and energetic rendition of Alanis Morrisette’s “one hand” while dressed in tight jeans, stilettos and bedazzled eye make up. I was quite impressed at the agility and grace of this performer but as I watched other individuals look at the performer I heard some of them mutter “he is really impressive” and another say “he must obviously be gay”. this bothered me deeply. While I understand the persons physical appearance was that of a male their clothes were not. It made wonder how the performer identifies. Does the fact that ze is dressed in clothes that are typically considered “female” and ze looked male automatically mean its a gay male?
Is this person indeed a male and identifies as male but enjoys the sensation of wearing stilettos and rhinestones? Why is the automatic assumption that the person is male? Could this person identify as female? Why in a society where the ideas of people being equal and the progression of rights for gay/lesbian* individuals that the person is automatically stereotyped. While the LGBTQ community likes to promote the idea that we are all equal based on sexuality it does not really champion the rights of individuals who may not be sexually aroused by either sex (asexual s), those who are attracted to both sexes (bisexuals) or those who are attracted to what transcends sex organs (pansexuals) because they are considered abnormal even within this oppressed community.
I know it may seem like I am ostracizing transsexual and queer individuals from the LGBTQ spectrum but in actuality I am trying to point out the idea that ones gender expression or lack of a gender expression does not mean that these individuals are gay/bisexual/lesbian/pansexual or asexual. They may identify as straight in some instances. What it does mean is that they do not conform to normal societal views and are therefore thrown in with the miscellaneous category of sexuality that does not fit into the “straight” model. While I do believe people of the LGBTQ community do share similar difficulties of oppression and ostracism grouping these individuals is an injustice to them for many reasons.
1) it makes people assume if a person is transsexual (using the term as an umbrella term to encompass transgender, gender queer, gender nonconforming/gender non- expressive individuals and sorry of the term is offensive) must obviously be gay/lesbian or bisexual based on their gender expression which may not be true
2) psychological processes of most individuals is when seeing these individuals is that they are “in drag”, “butch” ( if a female is dressed as male) or “effeminate” (male dressed as a female). It overshadows the idea that these individuals may identify as the sex they are born as causing more psychological problems.
3) it pushes them into a larger and expansive category of societal outcast in which case they may be ostracized further because they may not fit into a nice tidy package of gay„ lesbian, bisexual or asexual.
4) these individuals may share similar oppressive or ostracism from society but they also have more complex and expansive problems that are often ignored or not considered.
The point I’m trying to make is labeling transsexual individuals under the LGBTQ umbrella is not fair because while sexuality is complicated so is sexual expression and that is often overshadowed and can cause more problems for those individuals. Lets face it the umbrella term of transsexual individuals encompasses a huge array of individuals spanning from those who practice tranvestitism to transgender to gender queer/gender nonconforming so that alone deserves its own focus in our society. Just because someone looks male and dresses female doesn’t make them “gay” or a drag queen”. Take the time to think the person may identify as something different all together. Lets stop promoting the social paradigm of one must be male or female and focus on being human and stop putting so much focus on what a persons genitalia as when they were born. Social ideas of gender and sexuality perpetuate inequality, psychological distress and oppression.
I agree that it’s strange to see the T in LGBTQ, as all of the other letters represent sexual orientation while T is about gender and/or sex. The only argument I’ve heard about why the T fits is that it can seek comfort amongst the LGBQ community/communities in terms of coping with similar oppression. I do sometimes think that grouping gender identity with sexual orientation confuses people. While sexual orientation is a part of every person’s life, even if they’re asexual or choosing not to label/define, I think that gender identity is another journey altogether.
In the case of wanting to educate everyone and evoke awareness, I think the T community might benefit from distancing themselves from the LGBTQ label. In the case of wanting to be amongst people who accept and understand, I can see a lot of pros in remaining a part of the bigger group.
|—||Counseling and Psychotherapy Theories in Context and Practice by John Sommers-Flanagan and Rita Sommers-Flanagan.|
ounderestimatedoo asked: Which sign is the most perceptive? Answer: Cancer
This is such an interesting response for me to see. I always consider Cancers to be one of the signs (if not THE sign) that exaggerate(s) the most. To view them as perceptive is interesting because on the one hand maybe they are seeing things more clearly and accurately, but fumble with inarticulateness? But on the other hand, if their reports are so exaggerated and often misleading, and their thoughts so clouded by their emotions, then how can they accurately acquire data? Unless we’re defining “perceptive” as being able to absorb the most data, no matter how inefficiently they interpret it to themselves and to others?
I don’t consider Cancers to be naturally insightful or to interpret information accurately. However, I think they are one of the more empathic signs, because of their watery emotionality. While they might not understand what people are saying to them, they are very comforting by just listening and accepting whatever the information is.
HAPPY 51st BIRTHDAY, CRAIG!
→ (May 17th, 1962)
If you don’t love Craig you’re wrong xD